Gadkari compares PM with Gandhi`s three monkeys
New Delhi: In yet another controversial statement, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Friday compared Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Mahatma Gandhi`s Three Monkeys and accused him of keeping mum on corruption in the Commonwealth Games.
Addressing a seminar, Gadkari said that Singh had chosen to look away even as the nation`s money was being plundered in the name of the Games.
"The UPA has orchestrated this loot. Sometimes I feel the prime minister has eyes but he cannot see, has a mouth but does not speak," Gadkari said.
"He is like the Three Monkeys of Gandhiji. I urge him not to be so," he said.
Gadkari said the Prime Minister perhaps wanted to see or hear no evil.
Gadkari, it seems, has made a habit of inviting controversy through his remarks. Last month, he had called Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru as the Congress` son-in-law.
"The Congress government in Delhi had been sitting on Guru`s file for four years. (Chief Minister) Sheila Dikshit said she had been asked to do so. Is Guru the Congress` son-in-law? Why is he being given special treatment?" he said.
Earlier, he had drawn flak from the RJD and the Samajwadi Party for likening their chiefs Lalu Prasad and Mulayam Singh Yadav to "dogs who lick the feet of the Congress".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof