Gadkari demands declaration of Indian Swiss account holders
Bhubaneswar: The BJP on Tuesday asked the Centre
to immediately declare names of the Indians who had stashed
black money in Swiss Banks.
"UPA government should, without any hesitation, make
public names of all those who have stashed black money in
Swiss Bank accounts," BJP president Nitin Gadkari told
Claiming that about Rs 21 lakh thousand crore had been
deposited in Swiss banks, Gadkari said instead of trying to
suppress fact, the government should publicise the names
particularly after WikiLeaks report on the matter.
"Any reluctance in declaring the names of Swiss bank
account holders will simply raise doubts about the integrity
of people at the helm," he said.
Asked if names of BJP leaders may appear in the list,
Gadkari said action must be taken without any consideration.
Claiming to have Swiss Bank account numbers of three
persons in the Bofors pay-off case, the BJP chief said a lot
of information including alleged transfer of money to Italian
businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi`s account came to light after
Income Tax Appellate Tribunal order.
Accusing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of failing
miserably on economic front due to wrong policies, Gadkari
said UPA government failed to control sky-rocketing prices of
essential commodities, while repeated hikes in petro products
placed unbearable burden on the poor and hit progress.
Similarly, 2G spectrum scam, CWG loot, Adarsh Society
scandal and many other frauds had exposed the alleged nexus
between the political brass of the ruling alliance and their
co-conspirators, he said.
The BJP president also described as "unfortunate" the
affidavit submitted by the Centre in the Supreme Court
defending the appointment of controversial CVC PJ Thomas
facing a corruption case in a Kerala court.
Stating that the Leader of the Opposition, Sushma
Swaraj had opposed Thomas` appointment, he wondered if Centre
felt there was no need for consensus of the three-member
committee on CVC`s appointment, for what purpose the panel was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines