Gadkari exhorts BJP workers to replicate Bihar results
Patna: Buoyed by NDA`s resounding victory in
the Bihar Assembly polls, BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Saturday
asked party workers to replicate their performance in the 2014
Lok Sabha elections and bring the alliance back to power.
"The Bihar verdict has given a new direction to national
politics by rewarding performers (NDA government) against
inefficient and dynastic parties like the RJD-LJP combine and
the Congress," he said at a function to felicitate party
Dedicating the BJP`s best ever electoral results to the
cadres, Gadkari urged them to maintain their untiring efforts
to bring back the NDA to power at the Centre in the 2014
Parliamentary polls, which he claimed, could be held even
earlier due to the prevailing resentment against it on account
of issues like corruption and inflation.
Stating that the NDA has emerged as a credible and only
alternative to the UPA government by dint of its performance
in the Bihar polls, the BJP President expressed the hope that
party cadres would stay focused to achieve the larger goal of
attaining power at the Centre.
Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley
too claimed that the NDA has gained in credibility as the only
viable alternative at the Centre and urged party workers to
prepare themselves to catapult the NDA to power.
Lambasting the UPA government and Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh in particular, for the handling of black money, scams,
appointment of CVC, insurgency and terrorism, he said Congress
was on a downhill journey and lacked credibility to rule.
Under the circumstances, the NDA was the only alternative
to rule the country, Jaitley said and asked party workers to
remain steadfast in their efforts to bring back the BJP-led
coalition to power at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister