Gadkari expresses concern over Hazare`s health
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday expressed concern over
Anna Hazare`s deteriorating health and sought to put the blame
for the continuing impasse on the "crass mishandling" of the
Lokpal issue by the government even as it demanded inclusion
of the Prime Minister and judiciary in the Bill.
"BJP expresses grave concern over the situation all over
the country, which is a direct fallout of the deadlock between
the government and the movement led by Anna Hazare.
"Due to crass mishandling on the part of the government
not only Annaji`s health is in jeopardy but annoyed people all
over the country have become understandably very restive,"
party president Nitin Gadkari said in a statement.
He said Hazare`s fast has entered the eighth day and
the first priority should be to create a situation where he
can end his fast.
Gadkari insisted that this deadlock had arisen due to
the "inept UPA leadership". He described the Lokpal Bill as
"BJP strongly reiterates that India needs a strong and
independent Lokpal where the Prime Minister is also brought
under its purview. Also, the appointment mechanism of Lokpal
is independent, transparent, fair and impartial. BJP demands a
strong mechanism ensuring transparent, independent and
impartial judiciary as well," he said.
He maintained that due to the scams exposed in the
last two years, this government has lost all credibility and
has failed to win the confidence of civil society.
"The sooner this government acts on setting up a
strong and effective Lokpal, the better for the entire nation.
The government should no more take shelter in any alibi and
respect the Constitutional mandate for transparent and
accountable governance," Gadkari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!