Gadkari hails Baba Ramdev’s agitation, extends full support
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari joined Baba Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan on Monday and assured his party’s full support.
“There is no need to fear," Gadkari assured Ramdev, promising to give the yoga guru support "with all power".
The BJP president said that the ‘andolan’ should not be seen from political prism. “I appeal to all political parties to come forward and support this movement,” Gadkari said.
Addressing the crowd at Ramlila Maidan, Gadkari made clear that his party will not seek support from Baba Ramdev.
“Today our party leaders Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj have raised the issue of black money in both Houses of Parliament and demanded answers from the government and said that no work will be allowed to proceed till the government responds,” Gadkari said.
Hailing yoga guru’s agitation, Gadkari said, “What Ramdevji is saying and demanding is absolutely correct.”
“Baba Ramdev will not fight elections; he is fighting for the betterment of the country.”
Questioning the government’s silence, Gadkari wondered: “Is it wrong to raise your voice against black money?”
Coming down heavily on the Congress-led government at the Centre, the BJP president said government should make the names of people public who have stashed their black money abroad.
“Why is the government hesitant to reveal the names of the black money offenders?,” Gadkari asked.
He further demanded that the Central Bureau of Investigating (CBI) should be free from the clutches of the government, saying that the premier investigating agency is being used by the Congress to file cases against regional political parties so that they can suppress them and use them politically.
He termed the CBI as Congress Bureau of Investigation.
The BJP president also hit out at the government for rising prices, corruption and black money.
Earlier, accusing the government of not heeding to the voice of the nation, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced that he along with his supporters will march to Parliament from Ramlila Maidan to sit on a dharna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video