‘Gadkari indulging in gutter-level politics’
New Delhi: Hitting back hard on BJP president Nitin Gadkari for his unfavourable remarks on Sonia Gandhi, the Congress on Wednesday demanded an apology from the saffron party and accused its chief of taking the discourse to “gutter-level politics”.
The BJP President, during the launch of the party website at its Kolkata office, had said, “I want to tell Sonia Gandhi, if you are trying to impose Emergency in the country, then we know how to retaliate."
“Sonia Gandhi says she will fight corruption. It is like Pakistan saying they will fight terrorism. Will anyone believe this?" Gadkari had said challenging the Congress.
Speaking to reporters in the national capital, Congress spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan said, “The BJP president should apologise for this comparison, otherwise he would be unfit to play any role in the national scenario.”
Referring to the death of Swami Nigamanand in Haridwar – he died on the 115th day of his fast against illegal mining near the Ganges - Natarajan pointed out that BJP’s stand on corruption reeked of double standards.
She reminded the BJP that they have their own Chief Minister in Uttarakhand, where a Swami died battling corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj