Gadkari inspects stretch of National Highway-8 in Haryana
Gurgaon: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Friday inspected the stretch of National Highway-8 from Rajiv Chowk to Manesar in Gurgaon and charted out a plan to ease congestion.
The Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping, after the inspection, said condition of the stretch was not good and few decisions have been taken to improve the situation.
Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Krishan Pal Gujjar and local BJP MP Rao Inderjit Singh also accompanied Gadkari.
Later, elaborating the decisions, Gujjar said it was decided to finish all work on the Pink City Express way from Gurgaon to Jaipur by June 2015.
Gujjar informed that the matter of constructing flyovers and underpasses to solve the problem of various villages falling on this stretch would be discussed with Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and an appropriate solution would be made soon.
Underpasses will be constructed at three crossings in Gurgaon on NH-8 at Signature Tower, IFFCO Chowk and Rajiv Chowk by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) but the cost will be borne by the Municipal Corporation Gurgaon (MCG), he said.
Gujjar further stated that a flyover will be constructed at Hero Honda Chowk on NH-8 and the cost would be borne by both Government of India and Haryana government in the ratio of 75:25.
Besides, Gujjar said, Rao Inderjit Singh would meet Hooda within a month and submit a proposal to construct the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal expressway by NHAI, if Haryana government is unable to complete the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog