Gadkari inspects stretch of National Highway-8 in Haryana
Gurgaon: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Friday inspected the stretch of National Highway-8 from Rajiv Chowk to Manesar in Gurgaon and charted out a plan to ease congestion.
The Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping, after the inspection, said condition of the stretch was not good and few decisions have been taken to improve the situation.
Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Krishan Pal Gujjar and local BJP MP Rao Inderjit Singh also accompanied Gadkari.
Later, elaborating the decisions, Gujjar said it was decided to finish all work on the Pink City Express way from Gurgaon to Jaipur by June 2015.
Gujjar informed that the matter of constructing flyovers and underpasses to solve the problem of various villages falling on this stretch would be discussed with Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and an appropriate solution would be made soon.
Underpasses will be constructed at three crossings in Gurgaon on NH-8 at Signature Tower, IFFCO Chowk and Rajiv Chowk by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) but the cost will be borne by the Municipal Corporation Gurgaon (MCG), he said.
Gujjar further stated that a flyover will be constructed at Hero Honda Chowk on NH-8 and the cost would be borne by both Government of India and Haryana government in the ratio of 75:25.
Besides, Gujjar said, Rao Inderjit Singh would meet Hooda within a month and submit a proposal to construct the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal expressway by NHAI, if Haryana government is unable to complete the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured