Gadkari inspects stretch of National Highway-8 in Haryana
Gurgaon: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Friday inspected the stretch of National Highway-8 from Rajiv Chowk to Manesar in Gurgaon and charted out a plan to ease congestion.
The Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping, after the inspection, said condition of the stretch was not good and few decisions have been taken to improve the situation.
Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Krishan Pal Gujjar and local BJP MP Rao Inderjit Singh also accompanied Gadkari.
Later, elaborating the decisions, Gujjar said it was decided to finish all work on the Pink City Express way from Gurgaon to Jaipur by June 2015.
Gujjar informed that the matter of constructing flyovers and underpasses to solve the problem of various villages falling on this stretch would be discussed with Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and an appropriate solution would be made soon.
Underpasses will be constructed at three crossings in Gurgaon on NH-8 at Signature Tower, IFFCO Chowk and Rajiv Chowk by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) but the cost will be borne by the Municipal Corporation Gurgaon (MCG), he said.
Gujjar further stated that a flyover will be constructed at Hero Honda Chowk on NH-8 and the cost would be borne by both Government of India and Haryana government in the ratio of 75:25.
Besides, Gujjar said, Rao Inderjit Singh would meet Hooda within a month and submit a proposal to construct the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal expressway by NHAI, if Haryana government is unable to complete the project.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video