Gadkari keeps mum on VHP, RSS statement on Ram Temple
New Delhi: With senior leader L K Advani
asking party members to exercise caution while commenting on
the Ayodhya issue, BJP today refused to say anything on the
assertions of VHP and RSS that they will continue to press for
construction of Ram Temple at the same site despite a court
"You have asked your question. To answer is my right...
my answer is no comments," BJP President Nitin Gadkari told
He was asked to comment on the claim of RSS leader Mohan
Bhagwat and VHP leader Ashok Singhal that irrespective of a
court ruling, they will continue to press for construction of
Ram Temple at the disputed site.
Addressing the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting here, its
chairman L K Advani said with the Ayodhya title suit verdict
expected shortly, party MPs should exercise caution while
making statements on the sensitive issue.
"On Ayodhya, L K Advani asked MPs not to make statements
which are against national interest... As a national political
party, we should make statements by exercising caution when
the verdict is delivered," BJP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha S
S Ahluwalia said briefing reporters on the Parliamentary Party
The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High Court is likely
to deliver the verdict on title suit next month.
Gadkari also refused to comment on the statement of
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi that even if Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh mops the floor, CWG venues won`t be
ready for the event in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister