Gadkari keeps mum on VHP, RSS statement on Ram Temple
New Delhi: With senior leader L K Advani
asking party members to exercise caution while commenting on
the Ayodhya issue, BJP today refused to say anything on the
assertions of VHP and RSS that they will continue to press for
construction of Ram Temple at the same site despite a court
"You have asked your question. To answer is my right...
my answer is no comments," BJP President Nitin Gadkari told
He was asked to comment on the claim of RSS leader Mohan
Bhagwat and VHP leader Ashok Singhal that irrespective of a
court ruling, they will continue to press for construction of
Ram Temple at the disputed site.
Addressing the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting here, its
chairman L K Advani said with the Ayodhya title suit verdict
expected shortly, party MPs should exercise caution while
making statements on the sensitive issue.
"On Ayodhya, L K Advani asked MPs not to make statements
which are against national interest... As a national political
party, we should make statements by exercising caution when
the verdict is delivered," BJP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha S
S Ahluwalia said briefing reporters on the Parliamentary Party
The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High Court is likely
to deliver the verdict on title suit next month.
Gadkari also refused to comment on the statement of
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi that even if Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh mops the floor, CWG venues won`t be
ready for the event in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’