Gadkari laments image of Hindutva overshadowed real meaning
New Delhi: Terming Hindutva as the "spirit"
of BJP, party President Nitin Gadkari on
Monday said it cannot be a subject of political debate and lamented that its image had overshadowed its real meaning.
"Whether someone likes it or not, the subject has been
a matter of debate for the last 40 years in politics. I feel
people should know the reality (of what Hindutva means) after
"It is a tragedy of image versus reality. Letters can
change but not the spirit. Hindutva is our philosophy, it is
our spirit... which cannot change," Gadkari said during the
`dedication ceremony` of over 100 professionals as volunteers
for the BJP.
The function was followed by a talk on `politics and
Hindutva` in which Gadkari said Hindutva cannot be a subject
of political debate and it can never be an agenda for any
He termed as "propaganda" that Hindutva was against
Muslims and said people were "misrepresenting" the facts to
further their vested interests.
Maintaining that BJP was in favour of equality in social
and economic spheres for all, he said "We believe in the
philosophy of `vasudev kutumbhkam` (world is one family)."
Gadkari alleged that "pseudo secularists" were
deliberately attaching religion with a terrorist and said the
term `secularism` is now being used for minority appeasement.
"... terrorist has no creed, caste or religion. A god
fearing Hindu will not kill an innocent Muslim and similarly,
a god fearing Muslim will not kill an innocent Hindu, and if
he is doing so, then he is a terrorist who does not belong to
any religion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks