Gadkari laments image of Hindutva overshadowed real meaning
New Delhi: Terming Hindutva as the "spirit"
of BJP, party President Nitin Gadkari on
Monday said it cannot be a subject of political debate and lamented that its image had overshadowed its real meaning.
"Whether someone likes it or not, the subject has been
a matter of debate for the last 40 years in politics. I feel
people should know the reality (of what Hindutva means) after
"It is a tragedy of image versus reality. Letters can
change but not the spirit. Hindutva is our philosophy, it is
our spirit... which cannot change," Gadkari said during the
`dedication ceremony` of over 100 professionals as volunteers
for the BJP.
The function was followed by a talk on `politics and
Hindutva` in which Gadkari said Hindutva cannot be a subject
of political debate and it can never be an agenda for any
He termed as "propaganda" that Hindutva was against
Muslims and said people were "misrepresenting" the facts to
further their vested interests.
Maintaining that BJP was in favour of equality in social
and economic spheres for all, he said "We believe in the
philosophy of `vasudev kutumbhkam` (world is one family)."
Gadkari alleged that "pseudo secularists" were
deliberately attaching religion with a terrorist and said the
term `secularism` is now being used for minority appeasement.
"... terrorist has no creed, caste or religion. A god
fearing Hindu will not kill an innocent Muslim and similarly,
a god fearing Muslim will not kill an innocent Hindu, and if
he is doing so, then he is a terrorist who does not belong to
any religion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14