Gadkari laments image of Hindutva overshadowed real meaning
New Delhi: Terming Hindutva as the "spirit"
of BJP, party President Nitin Gadkari on
Monday said it cannot be a subject of political debate and lamented that its image had overshadowed its real meaning.
"Whether someone likes it or not, the subject has been
a matter of debate for the last 40 years in politics. I feel
people should know the reality (of what Hindutva means) after
"It is a tragedy of image versus reality. Letters can
change but not the spirit. Hindutva is our philosophy, it is
our spirit... which cannot change," Gadkari said during the
`dedication ceremony` of over 100 professionals as volunteers
for the BJP.
The function was followed by a talk on `politics and
Hindutva` in which Gadkari said Hindutva cannot be a subject
of political debate and it can never be an agenda for any
He termed as "propaganda" that Hindutva was against
Muslims and said people were "misrepresenting" the facts to
further their vested interests.
Maintaining that BJP was in favour of equality in social
and economic spheres for all, he said "We believe in the
philosophy of `vasudev kutumbhkam` (world is one family)."
Gadkari alleged that "pseudo secularists" were
deliberately attaching religion with a terrorist and said the
term `secularism` is now being used for minority appeasement.
"... terrorist has no creed, caste or religion. A god
fearing Hindu will not kill an innocent Muslim and similarly,
a god fearing Muslim will not kill an innocent Hindu, and if
he is doing so, then he is a terrorist who does not belong to
any religion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda