Gadkari meets Kulkarni, two ex-MPs at Tihar
New Delhi: BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on Monday met
Sudheendra Kulkarni and two ex BJP MPs at Tihar Jail and
said it was beyond his comprehension as to why they were not
being granted bail despite being chargesheeted in the cash-
for-vote scam case.
"It is beyond comprehension why bail is not being granted
despite being chargesheeted," he told reporters here.
He said it was "unfortunate" that those who exposed this
scandal are today behind bars while the government has
"fabricated" false charges against his party members.
Former BJP MPs Mahavir Bhagora and Faggan Singh Kulaste
along with Kulkarni, a key aide of L K Advani, were arrested
by Delhi Police in the case related to alleged attempt to
bribe MPs ahead of 2008 trust vote in Lok Sabha.
BJP MP Ashok Argal is also an accused in the case.
Gadkari, however, felt truth will prevail and they have
complete faith in judiciary.
He said when BJP will get an opportunity, "the corrupt
people will be exposed and we will sent them to Tihar Jail".
He also claimed Congress leaders like Ahmed Patel had
hatched the plan to save the government.
"Our leader Sudheendra Kulkarni can prove that Congress
general secretary Ahmed Patel and other Congress leaders were
involved in purchasing the MPs and gave their consent to the
plan. Today they are walking free and innocent people have
been arrested," he said.
He also lashed out at the CBI, saying it has lost its
credibility and should open its office in Congress
"CBI is Congress Bureau of Investigation. They are the
ones who have changed affidavit twice against Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Mayawati in Supreme Court," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal
- Philippines and communist rebels start peace talks after truce
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game