Gadkari meets Kulkarni, two ex-MPs at Tihar
New Delhi: BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on Monday met
Sudheendra Kulkarni and two ex BJP MPs at Tihar Jail and
said it was beyond his comprehension as to why they were not
being granted bail despite being chargesheeted in the cash-
for-vote scam case.
"It is beyond comprehension why bail is not being granted
despite being chargesheeted," he told reporters here.
He said it was "unfortunate" that those who exposed this
scandal are today behind bars while the government has
"fabricated" false charges against his party members.
Former BJP MPs Mahavir Bhagora and Faggan Singh Kulaste
along with Kulkarni, a key aide of L K Advani, were arrested
by Delhi Police in the case related to alleged attempt to
bribe MPs ahead of 2008 trust vote in Lok Sabha.
BJP MP Ashok Argal is also an accused in the case.
Gadkari, however, felt truth will prevail and they have
complete faith in judiciary.
He said when BJP will get an opportunity, "the corrupt
people will be exposed and we will sent them to Tihar Jail".
He also claimed Congress leaders like Ahmed Patel had
hatched the plan to save the government.
"Our leader Sudheendra Kulkarni can prove that Congress
general secretary Ahmed Patel and other Congress leaders were
involved in purchasing the MPs and gave their consent to the
plan. Today they are walking free and innocent people have
been arrested," he said.
He also lashed out at the CBI, saying it has lost its
credibility and should open its office in Congress
"CBI is Congress Bureau of Investigation. They are the
ones who have changed affidavit twice against Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Mayawati in Supreme Court," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees