Gadkari meets Kulkarni, two ex-MPs at Tihar
New Delhi: BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on Monday met
Sudheendra Kulkarni and two ex BJP MPs at Tihar Jail and
said it was beyond his comprehension as to why they were not
being granted bail despite being chargesheeted in the cash-
for-vote scam case.
"It is beyond comprehension why bail is not being granted
despite being chargesheeted," he told reporters here.
He said it was "unfortunate" that those who exposed this
scandal are today behind bars while the government has
"fabricated" false charges against his party members.
Former BJP MPs Mahavir Bhagora and Faggan Singh Kulaste
along with Kulkarni, a key aide of L K Advani, were arrested
by Delhi Police in the case related to alleged attempt to
bribe MPs ahead of 2008 trust vote in Lok Sabha.
BJP MP Ashok Argal is also an accused in the case.
Gadkari, however, felt truth will prevail and they have
complete faith in judiciary.
He said when BJP will get an opportunity, "the corrupt
people will be exposed and we will sent them to Tihar Jail".
He also claimed Congress leaders like Ahmed Patel had
hatched the plan to save the government.
"Our leader Sudheendra Kulkarni can prove that Congress
general secretary Ahmed Patel and other Congress leaders were
involved in purchasing the MPs and gave their consent to the
plan. Today they are walking free and innocent people have
been arrested," he said.
He also lashed out at the CBI, saying it has lost its
credibility and should open its office in Congress
"CBI is Congress Bureau of Investigation. They are the
ones who have changed affidavit twice against Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Mayawati in Supreme Court," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what