Gadkari, Najma mum on Shiv Sena incident
New Delhi: Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Najma Heptulla on Wednesday refused to comment on the issue of Shiv Sena MPs allegedly forcing a Muslim staffer to eat at the Maharashtra Sadan during his Ramadan fast.
On being asked about the incident, Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari evaded the question.
Minister of Minority Affairs Najma Heptulla too refused to comment on the incident.
A video showed Shiv Sena MPs forcing a Muslim staffer at Maharashtra Sadan to eat despite his protests that he was on Ramadan fast.
The issue rocked Parliament on Wednesday, leading to repeated adjournments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur