Gadkari, Najma mum on Shiv Sena incident
New Delhi: Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Najma Heptulla on Wednesday refused to comment on the issue of Shiv Sena MPs allegedly forcing a Muslim staffer to eat at the Maharashtra Sadan during his Ramadan fast.
On being asked about the incident, Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari evaded the question.
Minister of Minority Affairs Najma Heptulla too refused to comment on the incident.
A video showed Shiv Sena MPs forcing a Muslim staffer at Maharashtra Sadan to eat despite his protests that he was on Ramadan fast.
The issue rocked Parliament on Wednesday, leading to repeated adjournments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says