Gadkari presents bamboo briefcase to Bhutan King
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday presented a briefcase made of bamboo to Bhutan King Jigme
Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck who is on a state visit to the
country along with his newlywed wife.
BJP Convenor of Overseas Affairs Vijay Jolly along with
senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar met the Royal couple and
presented the gift to him on behalf of the BJP chief.
Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck was presented with a red and
blue `chunari` from the Jhandewalan Mandir by Kumar.
The King reiterated his government`s strong commitment
for close, friendly ties between India and Bhutan.
He also fondly remembered his close ties with the BJP
leaders Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani, a statement from
the BJP said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof