Gadkari presents bamboo briefcase to Bhutan King
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday presented a briefcase made of bamboo to Bhutan King Jigme
Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck who is on a state visit to the
country along with his newlywed wife.
BJP Convenor of Overseas Affairs Vijay Jolly along with
senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar met the Royal couple and
presented the gift to him on behalf of the BJP chief.
Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck was presented with a red and
blue `chunari` from the Jhandewalan Mandir by Kumar.
The King reiterated his government`s strong commitment
for close, friendly ties between India and Bhutan.
He also fondly remembered his close ties with the BJP
leaders Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani, a statement from
the BJP said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack