Gadkari presents bamboo briefcase to Bhutan King
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday presented a briefcase made of bamboo to Bhutan King Jigme
Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck who is on a state visit to the
country along with his newlywed wife.
BJP Convenor of Overseas Affairs Vijay Jolly along with
senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar met the Royal couple and
presented the gift to him on behalf of the BJP chief.
Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck was presented with a red and
blue `chunari` from the Jhandewalan Mandir by Kumar.
The King reiterated his government`s strong commitment
for close, friendly ties between India and Bhutan.
He also fondly remembered his close ties with the BJP
leaders Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani, a statement from
the BJP said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users