Gadkari presents bamboo briefcase to Bhutan King
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday presented a briefcase made of bamboo to Bhutan King Jigme
Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck who is on a state visit to the
country along with his newlywed wife.
BJP Convenor of Overseas Affairs Vijay Jolly along with
senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar met the Royal couple and
presented the gift to him on behalf of the BJP chief.
Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck was presented with a red and
blue `chunari` from the Jhandewalan Mandir by Kumar.
The King reiterated his government`s strong commitment
for close, friendly ties between India and Bhutan.
He also fondly remembered his close ties with the BJP
leaders Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani, a statement from
the BJP said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate