Gadkari presses his defamation complaint against Manish Tewari
Mumbai: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Friday stood by the defamation complaint filed by him with the magistrate`s court here against Union Minister of Information and Communication Manish Tewari, and sought that the court take cognisance of it and initiate further process.
Gadkari filed the case in December 2010 when Tewari was a Congress spokesperson. He had allegedly accused Gadkari of holding a benami flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society here.
"Gadkari appeared before the court and stated on oath that the statement made by Tewari was defamatory, and sought issuance of process against the latter," said advocate Rameshwar Gite, the BJP leader`s lawyer.
As per Gadkari`s complaint, Tewari told reporters that Ajay Sancheti, who was close to Gadkari, had a benami flat in Adarsh in the name of his driver.
Gadkari says in the complaint that this was false and defamatory and Tewari be tried for criminal defamation under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand