Gadkari presses his defamation complaint against Manish Tewari
Mumbai: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Friday stood by the defamation complaint filed by him with the magistrate`s court here against Union Minister of Information and Communication Manish Tewari, and sought that the court take cognisance of it and initiate further process.
Gadkari filed the case in December 2010 when Tewari was a Congress spokesperson. He had allegedly accused Gadkari of holding a benami flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society here.
"Gadkari appeared before the court and stated on oath that the statement made by Tewari was defamatory, and sought issuance of process against the latter," said advocate Rameshwar Gite, the BJP leader`s lawyer.
As per Gadkari`s complaint, Tewari told reporters that Ajay Sancheti, who was close to Gadkari, had a benami flat in Adarsh in the name of his driver.
Gadkari says in the complaint that this was false and defamatory and Tewari be tried for criminal defamation under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview