Gadkari proxy owner of Adarsh flat: Congress
New Delhi: Congress party, facing the Opposition heat over the Adarsh society scam, Wednesday hit back at BJP by alleging that Nitin Gadkari is the proxy owner of a flat in the 31-storyed building that was actually meant for the Kargil war widows.
Speaking to a private TV news channel, Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari charged the BJP president of being involved in neck-deep corruption and being one of the beneficiaries in the Adarsh society scam.
Citing an investigating report published by a leading daily, Tiwari stated that the BJP chief is the proxy owner of a flat officially registered in the name of the driver of his business associate Ajay Sancheti.
He slammed Gadkari for pleading ignorance about Sancheti and BJP leader Sudhanshu Mittal, whose name has figured in the CWG corruption cases.
Tiwari said that Gadkari needs to get his basics correct and that he needs to jog his memory about the office bearers and important leaders of his party.
Although, he stopped short of demanding Gadkari’s resignation over the issue, Tiwari did say that the BJP should first take action against its own tainted leaders and then point fingers towards the Congress party.
The Congress’s counter attack comes on a day when the Parliament was adjourned over the Opposition’s demand for a JPC probe into the Adarsh Society, 2G Spectrum and Commonwealth Games scams.
Last week, Gadkari had led the charge against the government and had demanded that the Maharashtra government be dismissed for its alleged involvement in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
"In the last few days Maharashtra Government has broken all records of corruption. And due to this, governance of Maharashtra has been affected. In the Chief Minister`s office, his PA, PS, and his close associates have been given flats. Relatives have also been given flats," he added, while addressing a press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog