Gadkari questions Cong tolerance, underplays VC`s resignation
Kolkata: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Thursday questioned the tolerance of the Congress over presence of Amitabh Bachchan at the inauguration of Bandra-Worli sea link, while underplaying the resignation of a vice-chancellor in Madhya Pradesh for daring to invite AICC leader Rahul Gandhi.
"Amitabh Bachchan has helped increase the reputation of India around the world. And, he is blacklisted. Is it democracy? Is it tolerance? Is it the democracy Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru professed?" he said at a press conference here.
Without naming either AICC president Sonia Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi he said about the mega star, the brand ambassador of Gujarat, "Because Madam does not like it, do not invite him. The prince does not like him, so don`t speak with him. This is shameful for Indian democracy."
On the resignation of Ajit Singh Sehrawat, vice-chancellor of Devi Ahilya University, Indore, in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh, for inviting Rahul Gandhi, he said, "I don`t have any information why he resigned."
"Now Rahul Gandhi has gone. Tomorrow I will go. This is not the job of the university," Gadkari said.
"We don`t want politics by any political party in universities whether by the Congress or BJP. A university should be a place of learning," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog