Gadkari questions Cong tolerance, underplays VC`s resignation
Kolkata: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Thursday questioned the tolerance of the Congress over presence of Amitabh Bachchan at the inauguration of Bandra-Worli sea link, while underplaying the resignation of a vice-chancellor in Madhya Pradesh for daring to invite AICC leader Rahul Gandhi.
"Amitabh Bachchan has helped increase the reputation of India around the world. And, he is blacklisted. Is it democracy? Is it tolerance? Is it the democracy Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru professed?" he said at a press conference here.
Without naming either AICC president Sonia Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi he said about the mega star, the brand ambassador of Gujarat, "Because Madam does not like it, do not invite him. The prince does not like him, so don`t speak with him. This is shameful for Indian democracy."
On the resignation of Ajit Singh Sehrawat, vice-chancellor of Devi Ahilya University, Indore, in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh, for inviting Rahul Gandhi, he said, "I don`t have any information why he resigned."
"Now Rahul Gandhi has gone. Tomorrow I will go. This is not the job of the university," Gadkari said.
"We don`t want politics by any political party in universities whether by the Congress or BJP. A university should be a place of learning," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly