Gadkari says UPA govt failed on all fronts
Hyderabad: Wrong economic policies followed
by the UPA government and bad governance are responsible for
the skyrocketing prices of essential commodities and problems
like continuing farmers` suicides and growing unemployment,
BJP president Nitin Gadkari said here on Sunday.
"The first year of the Congress-led UPA government`s
second term in office has been a total failure on all fronts.
It`s singular `achievement` has been unabated price rise,
double-digit inflation and unending hardships to the common
man," Gadkari, who arrived here on a three-day visit to the
Highlighting the alleged failures of UPA-II, he pointed
out that inflation is hovering between 17-20 per cent,
agriculture has recorded negative growth and there is high
unemployment in urban and rural areas.
Gadkari demanded the central government to give top
priority to agro-economy and proper fund allocation for
agricultural development and agricultural infrastructure.
Referring to media reports Gadkari denied having talked
about internal differences within the BJP at the convention
of chief ministers of BJP-ruled states yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi