Gadkari says UPA govt failed on all fronts
Hyderabad: Wrong economic policies followed
by the UPA government and bad governance are responsible for
the skyrocketing prices of essential commodities and problems
like continuing farmers` suicides and growing unemployment,
BJP president Nitin Gadkari said here on Sunday.
"The first year of the Congress-led UPA government`s
second term in office has been a total failure on all fronts.
It`s singular `achievement` has been unabated price rise,
double-digit inflation and unending hardships to the common
man," Gadkari, who arrived here on a three-day visit to the
Highlighting the alleged failures of UPA-II, he pointed
out that inflation is hovering between 17-20 per cent,
agriculture has recorded negative growth and there is high
unemployment in urban and rural areas.
Gadkari demanded the central government to give top
priority to agro-economy and proper fund allocation for
agricultural development and agricultural infrastructure.
Referring to media reports Gadkari denied having talked
about internal differences within the BJP at the convention
of chief ministers of BJP-ruled states yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you