`Gadkari should not become an astrologer`
New Delhi: Reacting sharply to Nitin
Gadkari`s criticism of Rahul Gandhi, Congress on Friday told the
BJP president that he should focus on his work and "not become
"It will be better if he does not become an astrologer
and focus on his work as party chief," party spokesperson
Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
She was responding to a media query on Gadkari dubbing
the Congress General Secretary as "immature" for tearing up
the manifesto of a political party.
"Rahul Gandhi has proved that he is not yet mature.
Tearing a party`s manifesto during a public meeting clearly
shows his immature behaviour. He is immature and is not fit to
be in national politics. This is childish behaviour and he has
proved it," the BJP president told an election rally in
Auraiya (Uttar Pradesh).
Charging the BSP and Samajwadi Party of making "only
promises", Rahul had on Wednesday tore a piece of paper at an
election meeting to drive home the point that "mere lists" of
assurances were of no use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'