`Gadkari should not become an astrologer`
New Delhi: Reacting sharply to Nitin
Gadkari`s criticism of Rahul Gandhi, Congress on Friday told the
BJP president that he should focus on his work and "not become
"It will be better if he does not become an astrologer
and focus on his work as party chief," party spokesperson
Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
She was responding to a media query on Gadkari dubbing
the Congress General Secretary as "immature" for tearing up
the manifesto of a political party.
"Rahul Gandhi has proved that he is not yet mature.
Tearing a party`s manifesto during a public meeting clearly
shows his immature behaviour. He is immature and is not fit to
be in national politics. This is childish behaviour and he has
proved it," the BJP president told an election rally in
Auraiya (Uttar Pradesh).
Charging the BSP and Samajwadi Party of making "only
promises", Rahul had on Wednesday tore a piece of paper at an
election meeting to drive home the point that "mere lists" of
assurances were of no use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal