Gadkari slams Congress over corruption, price rise
Mathura: Hitting out at Congress over rampant corruption and price rise, BJP leader Nitin Gadkari asked people to vote BJP led NDA to power at the Centre.
Corruption has created a record in the UPA government led by Manmohan Singh, the former national president of BJP said in Vijai Sankalp Rally at Bajna about 80 Kms from here.
He cited the example of coal block allocation scam among others to highlight the alleged corruption during the Congress rule.
"Samajwadi Party, BSP and RLD, who are supporting Congress also need to be defeated," he said.
"If country has to be made powerful and corruption has to be eliminated, there is no alternative but to change leadership at the Centre. The basic question is how to save country," Gadkari said.
BJP will not have an poll alliance with RLD, he said.
Gadkari criticised RLD chief Ajit Singh for supporting the UPA government.
"Late Chaudhary Charan Singh, who was considered as the well wisher of the farmers, had always opposed Congress for its anti-farmer acts. It is surprising that his son is supporting Congress led government at the Centre," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened