Gadkari slams UPA, says BJP would return to power
Nagaon: BJP President Nitin Gadkari
today held UPA`s policies responsible for various problems
plaguing the country and exuded confidence that his party
would return to power in 2014.
"Whenever Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh are in power,
prices and inflation rise, infiltration from Bangladesh
increases and unemployment rises. The vote bank policies of
the UPA government has put the nation in danger", Gadkari
told a rally here.
"The people are frustrated by the policies of the
Congress-led UPA government and BJP holds a bright chance to
form an alternative government in the next elections", he
"We vow to create an India free of illegal foreigners
and hunger. Farmers will not commit suicide due to poverty and
jobs will be created for the youth", he said.
Dismissing the charge that his party is anti-Muslim,
Gadkari asked, "If BJP were against the Muslims of India, how
could Atal Behari Vajpayee make Dr APJ Abdul Kalam President
of the country?"
Turning to the Congress government in Assam, Gadkari
alleged that the ministry was corrupt and had sacrificed the
interests of the local people in the past ten years.
It had also failed to address the major problems of
floods, infiltration and unemployment.
He appealed to the people to ensure victory for BJP in
the next-year assembly poll "to stop infiltration, curb price
rise and to save Assam."
"Strengthen us and we will change Assam to save its
future. Our government will bring development and industries
to create jobs for the youth", he said.
Citing the example of Gujarat government interconnecting
rivers there to solve water shortage, Gadkari wondered why
Assam government could not think on those lines for solving
the flood problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again