Gadkari slams UPA, says BJP would return to power
Nagaon: BJP President Nitin Gadkari
today held UPA`s policies responsible for various problems
plaguing the country and exuded confidence that his party
would return to power in 2014.
"Whenever Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh are in power,
prices and inflation rise, infiltration from Bangladesh
increases and unemployment rises. The vote bank policies of
the UPA government has put the nation in danger", Gadkari
told a rally here.
"The people are frustrated by the policies of the
Congress-led UPA government and BJP holds a bright chance to
form an alternative government in the next elections", he
"We vow to create an India free of illegal foreigners
and hunger. Farmers will not commit suicide due to poverty and
jobs will be created for the youth", he said.
Dismissing the charge that his party is anti-Muslim,
Gadkari asked, "If BJP were against the Muslims of India, how
could Atal Behari Vajpayee make Dr APJ Abdul Kalam President
of the country?"
Turning to the Congress government in Assam, Gadkari
alleged that the ministry was corrupt and had sacrificed the
interests of the local people in the past ten years.
It had also failed to address the major problems of
floods, infiltration and unemployment.
He appealed to the people to ensure victory for BJP in
the next-year assembly poll "to stop infiltration, curb price
rise and to save Assam."
"Strengthen us and we will change Assam to save its
future. Our government will bring development and industries
to create jobs for the youth", he said.
Citing the example of Gujarat government interconnecting
rivers there to solve water shortage, Gadkari wondered why
Assam government could not think on those lines for solving
the flood problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested