Gadkari threatens I-T officials with revenge when BJP comes to power
Nagpur: Former Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari, who was given a rousing reception on his arrival in Nagpur on Thursday, described the charges against him as a conspiracy by the Congress-led UPA government, and threatened to sort out the income tax officials involved in conducting raids on his firms.
Officials of the Income Tax department had raided the offices of Gadkari’s Purti group of companies. His companies are under the scanner for alleged financial irregularities.
Gadkari said he knew who all were conspiring against him, and said where would income tax officials hide when the BJP comes to power.
“Congress is on its way out of power and IT department should realise this. Once the Congress will be out of power, where will you go. There will be no Sonia or Chidambaram to protect you,” he said on his arrival in Nagpur.
Gadkari said it was a political conspiracy to malign his image by highlighting issues to which he was not connected.
“False allegations were made against me with issues that I had nothing to do with. I am going to fight it out till I come clean,” he said.
Gadkari said there was only one ruler in Congress while the others were her (Sonia Gandhi’s) servants.
The BJP has alleged that the ruling Congress Party misused the income tax department to target opponents, as it had done with the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
This is the second time Gadkari has threatened IT sleuths.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list