Gadkari threatens I-T officials with revenge when BJP comes to power
Nagpur: Former Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari, who was given a rousing reception on his arrival in Nagpur on Thursday, described the charges against him as a conspiracy by the Congress-led UPA government, and threatened to sort out the income tax officials involved in conducting raids on his firms.
Officials of the Income Tax department had raided the offices of Gadkari’s Purti group of companies. His companies are under the scanner for alleged financial irregularities.
Gadkari said he knew who all were conspiring against him, and said where would income tax officials hide when the BJP comes to power.
“Congress is on its way out of power and IT department should realise this. Once the Congress will be out of power, where will you go. There will be no Sonia or Chidambaram to protect you,” he said on his arrival in Nagpur.
Gadkari said it was a political conspiracy to malign his image by highlighting issues to which he was not connected.
“False allegations were made against me with issues that I had nothing to do with. I am going to fight it out till I come clean,” he said.
Gadkari said there was only one ruler in Congress while the others were her (Sonia Gandhi’s) servants.
The BJP has alleged that the ruling Congress Party misused the income tax department to target opponents, as it had done with the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
This is the second time Gadkari has threatened IT sleuths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India