Gadkari threatens I-T officials with revenge when BJP comes to power
Nagpur: Former Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari, who was given a rousing reception on his arrival in Nagpur on Thursday, described the charges against him as a conspiracy by the Congress-led UPA government, and threatened to sort out the income tax officials involved in conducting raids on his firms.
Officials of the Income Tax department had raided the offices of Gadkari’s Purti group of companies. His companies are under the scanner for alleged financial irregularities.
Gadkari said he knew who all were conspiring against him, and said where would income tax officials hide when the BJP comes to power.
“Congress is on its way out of power and IT department should realise this. Once the Congress will be out of power, where will you go. There will be no Sonia or Chidambaram to protect you,” he said on his arrival in Nagpur.
Gadkari said it was a political conspiracy to malign his image by highlighting issues to which he was not connected.
“False allegations were made against me with issues that I had nothing to do with. I am going to fight it out till I come clean,” he said.
Gadkari said there was only one ruler in Congress while the others were her (Sonia Gandhi’s) servants.
The BJP has alleged that the ruling Congress Party misused the income tax department to target opponents, as it had done with the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
This is the second time Gadkari has threatened IT sleuths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi