Gadkari to lead BJP protest march to PM`s house on Nov 21
New Delhi: Amid reports that it has reservations about fielding Nitin Gadkari at an anti-graft protest here, BJP on Friday announced the party chief will lead a march to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence as part of the nation-wide agitation on November 21.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said Gadkari will participate in the march from Jantar Mantar to the PM`s residence on November 21 and address the party workers.
The march is being organised to protest against "rampant corruption" by UPA government and Congress.
"BJP will march to the PM`s house under the leadership of Nitin Gadkari," Gupta said in a statement.
While announcing the all-India protest on November 21 on the eve of the winter session of Parliament against the Congress-led UPA government, BJP had yesterday said Gadkari will lead a rally in Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh.
The announcement was viewd as party`s reservation in fielding Gadkari in the national capital to lead the anti-corruption protest as he himself was facing charges of dubious funding against his companies.
Defending the party`s decision to field Gadkari in Itanagar, senior party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had said the party chief had earlier expressed his wish to hold a rally in Itanagar.
Gupta also said senior BJP leaders Raj Nath Singh, Vijay Kumar Malhotra and Naqvi will participate in the protest in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray