Gadkari`s foreign trip may dampen Kejriwal`s gherao plan
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal`s call to gherao Nitin Gadkari`s house on Sunday may come to a nought as the BJP president is going on a two-week holiday to Canada with his family.
Sources close to Gadkari said that he is leaving tonight with his family for a private holiday. The family will be away for a fortnight, the sources said.
Gadkari has undertaken a few foreign trips since he took over as BJP President in December 2009. However, these trips have been for official work where he was representing his party.
Gadkari has visited Israel, some European countries, the US and China since 2009.
Kejriwal had given a call to gherao Gadkari`s residence as well as those of the Prime Minister, and chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Orissa in the respective state capitals.
These states have been chosen as these are mine-rich states and have been mentioned in the CAG report on coal block allocations. CAG has said there was an estimated loss of Rs 1.86 Lakh Crore due to government`s decision to go for allocations instead of auctioning coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez