Gadkari`s foreign trip may dampen Kejriwal`s gherao plan
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal`s call to gherao Nitin Gadkari`s house on Sunday may come to a nought as the BJP president is going on a two-week holiday to Canada with his family.
Sources close to Gadkari said that he is leaving tonight with his family for a private holiday. The family will be away for a fortnight, the sources said.
Gadkari has undertaken a few foreign trips since he took over as BJP President in December 2009. However, these trips have been for official work where he was representing his party.
Gadkari has visited Israel, some European countries, the US and China since 2009.
Kejriwal had given a call to gherao Gadkari`s residence as well as those of the Prime Minister, and chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Orissa in the respective state capitals.
These states have been chosen as these are mine-rich states and have been mentioned in the CAG report on coal block allocations. CAG has said there was an estimated loss of Rs 1.86 Lakh Crore due to government`s decision to go for allocations instead of auctioning coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown