Gadkari`s foreign trip may dampen Kejriwal`s gherao plan
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal`s call to gherao Nitin Gadkari`s house on Sunday may come to a nought as the BJP president is going on a two-week holiday to Canada with his family.
Sources close to Gadkari said that he is leaving tonight with his family for a private holiday. The family will be away for a fortnight, the sources said.
Gadkari has undertaken a few foreign trips since he took over as BJP President in December 2009. However, these trips have been for official work where he was representing his party.
Gadkari has visited Israel, some European countries, the US and China since 2009.
Kejriwal had given a call to gherao Gadkari`s residence as well as those of the Prime Minister, and chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Orissa in the respective state capitals.
These states have been chosen as these are mine-rich states and have been mentioned in the CAG report on coal block allocations. CAG has said there was an estimated loss of Rs 1.86 Lakh Crore due to government`s decision to go for allocations instead of auctioning coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’