Gadkari`s son Sarang weds in low-key affair
Nagpur: BJP national president Nitin Gadkari`s younger son Sarang on Sunday tied the nupital knot with his class mate Madhura at a wedding hall in Mahal area in eastern part of city amidst chanting of vedic mantras.
Gadkari and his wife Kanchan, elder son Nikhin, his wife Rituja and youngest daughter Ketki along with bride`s parents Dilip (a chartered accountant) and Pratima Rodi received the guests.
It was a low-key affair as compared to Gadkari`s elder son`s marriage in December, 2010 where top political leaders, industrialists and film stars had come for the reception.
Karnataka Chief Minister Sadanand Gowda and Union Minister for Heavy Industries Praful Patel led the galaxy of VVIPs attending the wedding.
RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat, general secretary Bhaiyaji Joshi, Suresh Soni, veteran ideologue M G Vaidya apart from Sudheendra Kulkarni of BJP, MPs Prakash Jawdekar, Ajay Sancheti, Datta Meghe and Vijay Darda and Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray were present.
Also present were Maharashtra Minister for Food and Civil Supplies Anil Deshmukh, and Karnataka Ministers Vishweshara (Education), B N Dategowda (labour), A N Ramdas (Social Justice).
State BJP leaders Sudhir Mungatiwar (President), Kirit Somaiya, Bhausaheb Phundkar, former BCCI chief Shashank Manohar, Nagpur Mayor Anil Sole also attended the wedding.
Gadkari is hosting a reception for invitees here on June 26 and another in Delhi on July 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan