Gadkari`s stay as BJP chief will help Congress: Digvijay
Guna: Congress will benefit if Nitin Gadkari`s continues as BJP President since it will help in exposing the main Opposition party`s "corrupt face" in the public, party general secretary Digvijay Singh said on Saturday.
"Continuance of Gadkari as BJP President is in the interest of the Congress as it will help the party in exposing BJP`s corrupt face in the public," he told reporters at his ancestral hometown Raghogarh before leaving for Indore.
Gadkari is facing flak over allegations of dubious funding of his company. The main opposition party has rallied behind Gadkari and ruled out his resignation over the charges.
To a question, the Congress General Secretary said after the proposed reshuffle of Union Cabinet, Rahul Gandhi could be seen playing a bigger role in the party.
Singh sought to downplay pre-poll surveys predicting victory for BJP in Gujarat, saying they are incorrect and Congress is contesting the Assembly election due in December with an aim to register win.
Asked about reports that he would contest the next Lok Sabha polls from Rajgarh, the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said he was ready to fight from any other seat except Rajgarh.
Referring to the Global Investors Meet being organised at Indore from tomorrow, Singh demanded that the Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led government make public how many agreements it had signed prior to the meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP