Ganeshotsav, Eid celebrated with fervor, gaiety
Mumbai/New Delhi: The festivals of Ganesh Chaturthi and Eid-ul-Fitr are being celebrated on Saturday with traditional fervor and religious devotion.
In Mumbai, the chants of ``Ganpati bappa moraya`` could be heard from every nook and corner of the city. Also known as Vinayak Chaturthi, this festival is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha.
Shops in the city are overcrowded with people buying items associated with the festival. People are also opting for eco-friendly idols, keeping concerns for the environment in mind.
Meanwhile, security in the city has been beefed up keeping in mind the rush of devotees during the festival.
On Friday, Mumbai Police released pictures of two foreign terror suspects, who may disrupt celebrations at religious places. Advisories have been issued to citizens to be on alert during the festive season.
Meanwhile, in Uttar Pradesh and New Delhi, Muslims dressed in their best, have started thronging different Eidgahs, shrines and mosques to offer special Eid prayers to mark the end of the fasting month of Ramzan.
Eidgah, famous mosques and Muslims houses have been neatly decorated for the occasion.
Ramzan is observed during the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound