Gang-rape accused thrashed by Tihar inmates
New Delhi: Mukesh Singh, who is an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case that has outraged the nation, was assaulted by inmates at the Tihar Jail here, reports said.
Mukesh, 26, is in judicial custody after being arrested in connection with the gang-rape and torture of a woman on board the bus he was driving. He is the brother of prime accused Ram Singh.
While Tihar Jail officials have refuted reports that Mukesh was beaten up and forced to drink his own urine and eat excreta, sources said the incident did happen at the prison.
The male friend of the gang-rape victim, who was also badly beaten up by the accused during the incident on Sunday night, had yesterday identified Mukesh in an identification parade at the Tihar Jail.
According to police, Mukesh was driving the bus when the victim was raped inside the moving bus. She, along with her male friend, were later stripped completely and thrown off the bus.
Ram Singh was arrested on Monday, along with Vinay Sharma, a gym assistant at the Siri Fort sports complex, and Pawan Gupta, a fruit vendor. Mukesh was arrested later from Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review