Gang-rape: Swabhimaan Sanghtan want harsh punishment for accused
Mumbai: The Swabhimaan Sanghtan-led by Nitesh Rane is of the view that the Delhi-gangrape accused should not be let away with a mere death penalty and instead should undergo similar pain that the 23-year-old paramedic sufffered owing to massive internal injuries.
"Brutal crime was committed on the girl. She was in hospital for almost a fortnight. The accused should also undergo similar pain and should be put on ventilator," President of the Womens` cell of Swabhimaan Sanghatana, Kavita Lad said voicing her anguish on the ghastly incident.
They shouldn`t be hanged, but should be made to suffer, she said.
Yesterday, the womens` cell of Swabhimaan Sanghtana carried out a signature campaign to ensure that rape cases be moved to fast track courts and strict punishment be handed out to the accused.
The Sanghatan also launched helpline numbers for women in the state, when caught in such situations.
"The motive behind setting up the helpline number for women is only to provide them safety and security. Political colour shouldn`t be given to it. We should all fight together against the evil elements," Lad said.
"Swabhimaan workers are present in all the districts of the state. If a case is received our workers will immediately reach at the spot," she added.
Shiv Sena`s youth wing Yuva Sena also launched helpline numbers, under the guidance of party chief Aditya Thackeray.
"Our helpline numbers will also start in Ahmednagar and Aurangabad in couple of days besides in Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur," a party functionary said.
"The numbers are active 24x7 and are committed to help women and teenaged girls," he added.
Yuva Sena First helpline: 9004797777, 8097003407, 9967141777
Pune: 9604848959, 9823727505, 9922921212, 9422517490, 9890000018,
Mumbai North: 7738717273, 9867012697, 8097040973
Mulund: 8082111123,9833325532, 9920369090,8652022229
Wadala: 9869779805, 8082057726, Nagpur : 9766457116, 8928643527.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city