Gang-rape: Swabhimaan Sanghtan want harsh punishment for accused
Mumbai: The Swabhimaan Sanghtan-led by Nitesh Rane is of the view that the Delhi-gangrape accused should not be let away with a mere death penalty and instead should undergo similar pain that the 23-year-old paramedic sufffered owing to massive internal injuries.
"Brutal crime was committed on the girl. She was in hospital for almost a fortnight. The accused should also undergo similar pain and should be put on ventilator," President of the Womens` cell of Swabhimaan Sanghatana, Kavita Lad said voicing her anguish on the ghastly incident.
They shouldn`t be hanged, but should be made to suffer, she said.
Yesterday, the womens` cell of Swabhimaan Sanghtana carried out a signature campaign to ensure that rape cases be moved to fast track courts and strict punishment be handed out to the accused.
The Sanghatan also launched helpline numbers for women in the state, when caught in such situations.
"The motive behind setting up the helpline number for women is only to provide them safety and security. Political colour shouldn`t be given to it. We should all fight together against the evil elements," Lad said.
"Swabhimaan workers are present in all the districts of the state. If a case is received our workers will immediately reach at the spot," she added.
Shiv Sena`s youth wing Yuva Sena also launched helpline numbers, under the guidance of party chief Aditya Thackeray.
"Our helpline numbers will also start in Ahmednagar and Aurangabad in couple of days besides in Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur," a party functionary said.
"The numbers are active 24x7 and are committed to help women and teenaged girls," he added.
Yuva Sena First helpline: 9004797777, 8097003407, 9967141777
Pune: 9604848959, 9823727505, 9922921212, 9422517490, 9890000018,
Mumbai North: 7738717273, 9867012697, 8097040973
Mulund: 8082111123,9833325532, 9920369090,8652022229
Wadala: 9869779805, 8082057726, Nagpur : 9766457116, 8928643527.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth