Gang supplying bullets to criminals, Naxals busted
Ghaziabad: A gang allegedly supplying
bullets to criminals and Naxals has been busted in the
district with the arrest of two persons, police said Monday.
Two criminals Shahid and Moti were arrested yesterday
and 305 bullets of .315 bore, used in AK 47 rifles and
other sophisticated guns, which they were carrying to Delhi
for supply to criminals, were seized from their possession,
SSP Raghubir Lal said.
The duo confessed that the supply of 200 bullets was for
criminals in Bagpat, Meerut, Delhi and Bulandshahr, he said,
adding, during interrogation they revealed their links to
Police has deputed a special team to investigate the
supply of bullets to Naxalites, he said.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar has taken a serious
note of the matter and has directed police to ensure that
action is taken against those involved in the supply of
bullets to criminals.
On April 30, a major arms racket was busted by Uttar
Pradesh STF when it arrested five security personnel and a
retired sub-inspector for allegedly supplying arms and
ammunition to anti-social groups like Naxals.
Over 5,000 live cartridges, 16 magazines of INSAS
rifles, .25 bore guns, SLR and AK-47s were recovered besides,
245 kg of empty shells from the group.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why