`Ganga` at Rajapur starts flowing
Ratnagiri: The `Ganga` at Rajapur
started flowing Thursday at 5.30 PM at Ganga Ghat, the Devesthan
The so called `Ganga` or water stream is a rare
phenomenon that people in the area experience once in couple
of years. It usually lasts for about a month before drying up.
Secretary of Ganga Devsthan Trust Shrikant Ghagare said
he saw water flowing into the Kashi Kund (the first kund or
tank) and conducted the pooja. There are 14 `kunds` or tanks
at the Ganga Ghat.
Thousands of people are expected to throng the ghat over
the next few weeks for the `darshan` and taking holy bath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love