`Ganga` at Rajapur starts flowing
Ratnagiri: The `Ganga` at Rajapur
started flowing Thursday at 5.30 PM at Ganga Ghat, the Devesthan
The so called `Ganga` or water stream is a rare
phenomenon that people in the area experience once in couple
of years. It usually lasts for about a month before drying up.
Secretary of Ganga Devsthan Trust Shrikant Ghagare said
he saw water flowing into the Kashi Kund (the first kund or
tank) and conducted the pooja. There are 14 `kunds` or tanks
at the Ganga Ghat.
Thousands of people are expected to throng the ghat over
the next few weeks for the `darshan` and taking holy bath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!