Gangster Abu Salem convicted in 2001 fake passport case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Hyderebad: Underworld don Abu Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, has been held guilt in 2001 fake passport case on Monday.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Hyderabad today convicted extradited gangster Abu Salem in this case. However, the court has informed that the quantum of punishment will be announced on November 28.
Trial against Salem for obtaining a passport under a fictitious name in 2001 from Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh began in Hyderabad in 2009.
Salem is accused of impersonating as Ramil Kamil Malik for obtaining the passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena