Gas pricing: AAP govt books Moily, Deora, Mukesh Ambani; Congress open to probe
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday announced that FIRs are being filed against Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, former minister Murli Deora, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani and others over the issue of pricing of gas from KG Basin.
Addressing a press conference, Kejriwal said four people had complained to the Delhi government against Reliance Industries, following which the Anti-Corruption Branch has been directed to lodge FIRs and initiate a probe.
“I`ve received complaints. The Reliance Industries manipulated gas pricing with some ministers,” Kejriwal said.
The price of natural gas was raised to USD 4/unit and Reliance followed it up by producing less gas due to which India had to import gas, leading to inflation, Kejriwal said.
“Now plans are to raise the gas price to USD 8/unit. If the price is raised from April 01, there will be a hike in prices of essential commodities as well,” he said.
He also demanded that the Central government should take the gas wells back and give it to state-run ONGC.
"The ACB is is in the process of filing FIRs against Murli Deora, Veerappa Moily, Mukesh Ambani,” he said.
Kejriwal added that he would take the matter up with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and demand that the hike in price of natural gas from April 01 be kept in abeyance.
The Congress said that it was not against a probe. “We want each and every act of people in power to be probed,” Ajay Maken, party spokesperson, said.
Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily also responded. “We should sympathise with his ignorance. He doesn`t know how the government runs, norms are followed. There is a system in fixing prices,” Moily told a news channel.
Delhi Congress leader Haroon Yusuf slammed Kejriwal, he said, “If there is rape charge against AAP MLA`s relative no action will be taken as being related to AAP he would be `honest`. They(AAP) want to register an FIR on everyone in the country except for AAP members.”
Experts too have pointed out that the issue of gas pricing is a matter between the Centre and Reliance Industries and the Delhi government has no jurisdiction over the matter.
“If AAP has concrete proof then must present it,otherwise such false allegations can affect investment,” said Narendra Taneja, petroleum expert.
Others felt that Kejirwal is raking up the issue as the first step in his progression from Delhi to the national scene ahead of the General Elections, due in a few months.
It is not the first time that AAP is coming up with what they claim are explosive revelations. In 2012, Kejriwal held a series of press conferences to level serious charges of corruption against Salman Khurshid, Nitin Gadkari and Mukesh Ambani`s Reliance Industries.
AAP had accused the government of collusion with Reliance and alleged that Reliance deliberately keeps gas production low to blackmail the government.
Last week, Kejriwal had attacked Anil Ambani over the electricity standoff in the capital.
"Anil Ambani playing politics wid delhi`s electricity? Whose politics is he doing?(sic)," Kejriwal said in the tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India