Gates lauds India`s health initiatives
New Delhi: Bill Gates on Thursday lauded India`s efforts in improving its health parametres and assured of his continued support in sync with the country`s national health programmes.
Gates, along with his team, met Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Health Ministry officials and identified key areas of cooperation like leveraging of IT for health, capacity building and lending technical support.
He agreed support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation would be aligned with national priorities and with the national programmes being implemented by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
During his half-an-hour hour meeting with Azad, Gates discussed issues relating to immunization programme, Pentavalent vaccine, HIV/AIDS, infectious as well as Non-communicable Diseases.
Gates was particularly appreciative of India’s achievements in containing AIDS infections, polio management, reproductive health initiatives as also recent steps taken for TB management and said strides made by India go beyond his expectations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray