Gates lauds India`s health initiatives
New Delhi: Bill Gates on Thursday lauded India`s efforts in improving its health parametres and assured of his continued support in sync with the country`s national health programmes.
Gates, along with his team, met Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Health Ministry officials and identified key areas of cooperation like leveraging of IT for health, capacity building and lending technical support.
He agreed support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation would be aligned with national priorities and with the national programmes being implemented by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
During his half-an-hour hour meeting with Azad, Gates discussed issues relating to immunization programme, Pentavalent vaccine, HIV/AIDS, infectious as well as Non-communicable Diseases.
Gates was particularly appreciative of India’s achievements in containing AIDS infections, polio management, reproductive health initiatives as also recent steps taken for TB management and said strides made by India go beyond his expectations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash