Gauhati HC`s judgement on CBI should be taken seriously: Lalu
Ranchi: Claiming that he is a victim of conspiracy in the Rs 950 crore fodder scam, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad today called for a serious thinking on the recent Gauhati High Court`s judgement holding CBI illegal and unconstitutional.
"It`s time everyone ponders over the judgement given by Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari on the CBI," Prasad said referring to Justice Ansari-headed bench holding CBI as illegal and unconstitutional.
The RJD supremo, who yesterday came out of jail on bail in a fodder scam case after being convicted by a special CBI court on September 30, said the bench of Justice Ansari and Justice Indira Shah had termed the formation of the CBI as unconstitutional.
Stating that he has faith in the judiciary, Prasad told reporters that he would not say much as his case was before the court.
"But this much I say that I am a victim of conspiracy by NDA and Nitish Kumar," he said.
"I`ll go to Parliament only after my acquittal. I have been barred from contesting elections, but not from campaigning or help electing (people) in polls," he said.
On Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s scathing attack on the Centre`s decision to bring an Ordinance nullifying Supreme Court`s judgement on convicted legislators, he said, Rahul Gandhi should not be blamed on a matter misinterpreted by the media.
"An all-party meeting agreed on it before BJP backed out," the former Bihar chief minister claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!