Gauhati HC`s judgement on CBI should be taken seriously: Lalu
Ranchi: Claiming that he is a victim of conspiracy in the Rs 950 crore fodder scam, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad today called for a serious thinking on the recent Gauhati High Court`s judgement holding CBI illegal and unconstitutional.
"It`s time everyone ponders over the judgement given by Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari on the CBI," Prasad said referring to Justice Ansari-headed bench holding CBI as illegal and unconstitutional.
The RJD supremo, who yesterday came out of jail on bail in a fodder scam case after being convicted by a special CBI court on September 30, said the bench of Justice Ansari and Justice Indira Shah had termed the formation of the CBI as unconstitutional.
Stating that he has faith in the judiciary, Prasad told reporters that he would not say much as his case was before the court.
"But this much I say that I am a victim of conspiracy by NDA and Nitish Kumar," he said.
"I`ll go to Parliament only after my acquittal. I have been barred from contesting elections, but not from campaigning or help electing (people) in polls," he said.
On Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s scathing attack on the Centre`s decision to bring an Ordinance nullifying Supreme Court`s judgement on convicted legislators, he said, Rahul Gandhi should not be blamed on a matter misinterpreted by the media.
"An all-party meeting agreed on it before BJP backed out," the former Bihar chief minister claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok