Gauhati HC`s judgement on CBI should be taken seriously: Lalu
Ranchi: Claiming that he is a victim of conspiracy in the Rs 950 crore fodder scam, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad today called for a serious thinking on the recent Gauhati High Court`s judgement holding CBI illegal and unconstitutional.
"It`s time everyone ponders over the judgement given by Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari on the CBI," Prasad said referring to Justice Ansari-headed bench holding CBI as illegal and unconstitutional.
The RJD supremo, who yesterday came out of jail on bail in a fodder scam case after being convicted by a special CBI court on September 30, said the bench of Justice Ansari and Justice Indira Shah had termed the formation of the CBI as unconstitutional.
Stating that he has faith in the judiciary, Prasad told reporters that he would not say much as his case was before the court.
"But this much I say that I am a victim of conspiracy by NDA and Nitish Kumar," he said.
"I`ll go to Parliament only after my acquittal. I have been barred from contesting elections, but not from campaigning or help electing (people) in polls," he said.
On Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s scathing attack on the Centre`s decision to bring an Ordinance nullifying Supreme Court`s judgement on convicted legislators, he said, Rahul Gandhi should not be blamed on a matter misinterpreted by the media.
"An all-party meeting agreed on it before BJP backed out," the former Bihar chief minister claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?