Gauri Kumar appointed Labour Ministry secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Gauri Kumar has been appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Kumar, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, is currently Secretary (Border Management) in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The vacancy was necessitated following superannuation of Mrutyunjay Sarangi, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre.
Before joining MHA, Kumar was working as Special Secretary in the Ministry of Mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!