Gayatri`s grandchildren claim she left properties to them
Jaipur: In a new twist to the tussle over
assets of former Jaipur royal Gayatri Devi, her grandchildren
Dev Raj and Lalitya Devi on Wednesday claimed that she had left "all
her properties and rights" to them.
"In order to put an end to all speculations, we would
like to announce that our grandmother Gayatri Deviji left
behind her last will in our favour, giving us all properties
and rights," the children of Gayatri`s only son Jagat Singh,
who had died in 1997, and Thai princess Priyanandana Rankshit
said in a statement.
"We are also the only natural legal heirs entitled to
succeed to her estate," said the duo, who are believed to be
locked in a dispute with Prathvi Singh and Jai Singh- stepsons
of Gayatri who was the third wife of erstwhile Jaipur ruler
Sawai Man Singh.
There has been suspense over who would inherit Gayatri
Devi`s properties, believed to be in the range of around Rs
1,000 crore though no official valuation has been done, with
the family remaining tighlipped on the contents of her will
The two claimed that Gayatri`s "last will" was in
their favour which was left by her with Maharaja Sawai Bhawani
Singh of Jaipur, eldest son of Sawai Man Singh.
It "has since been handed over to us, and the same is
in the knowladge of all family members," they claimed in the
statement released at Lily pool that had been residence of the
charismatic `Rajmata` who died at the age of 90 on July 29.
"We sincerely hope to receive full support of all
family members namely Sawai Bhawani Singh, Jai Singh and
Prathvi Raj," they said.
Certain "unconfirmed reports circulated in the media
have disturbed the family members," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy