Gayatri`s grandchildren claim she left properties to them
Jaipur: In a new twist to the tussle over
assets of former Jaipur royal Gayatri Devi, her grandchildren
Dev Raj and Lalitya Devi on Wednesday claimed that she had left "all
her properties and rights" to them.
"In order to put an end to all speculations, we would
like to announce that our grandmother Gayatri Deviji left
behind her last will in our favour, giving us all properties
and rights," the children of Gayatri`s only son Jagat Singh,
who had died in 1997, and Thai princess Priyanandana Rankshit
said in a statement.
"We are also the only natural legal heirs entitled to
succeed to her estate," said the duo, who are believed to be
locked in a dispute with Prathvi Singh and Jai Singh- stepsons
of Gayatri who was the third wife of erstwhile Jaipur ruler
Sawai Man Singh.
There has been suspense over who would inherit Gayatri
Devi`s properties, believed to be in the range of around Rs
1,000 crore though no official valuation has been done, with
the family remaining tighlipped on the contents of her will
The two claimed that Gayatri`s "last will" was in
their favour which was left by her with Maharaja Sawai Bhawani
Singh of Jaipur, eldest son of Sawai Man Singh.
It "has since been handed over to us, and the same is
in the knowladge of all family members," they claimed in the
statement released at Lily pool that had been residence of the
charismatic `Rajmata` who died at the age of 90 on July 29.
"We sincerely hope to receive full support of all
family members namely Sawai Bhawani Singh, Jai Singh and
Prathvi Raj," they said.
Certain "unconfirmed reports circulated in the media
have disturbed the family members," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars