Geetika case: E-data shows Kanda`s culpability, police tells court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday told a court here that hard disks and other electronic data recovered from the office of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, an accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case, show he was pressurising her to return to India from Dubai and drove her to suicide.
In its arguments on framing of charges against Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha, the prosecution submitted before District Judge S K Sarvaria that the hard disks and e-mails recovered in the probe show that the duo abetted her suicide.
The Prosecution pointed out Kanda`s intention in giving Geetika a lucrative post without any qualification and then forcing her to come back to MDLR when she joined Emirates Airlines.
In its main and supplementary charge sheets also Delhi Police has said Kanda was obsessed with Geetika and wanted to bring her back in his company to sexually exploit her.
Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan submitted that when Geetika, earlier an employee of Kanda`s MDLR airlines, joined Emirates Airlines, Kanda sent them a complaint from MDLR Airlines purportedly lodged with Gurgaon Police against alleged fraud committed by Geetika by creating fake experience certificates and also taking away MDLR`s documents and laptop.
He also submitted that Kanda roped in another accused, Chanshivroop, who created a fake e-mail ID and sent forged e-mail to Geetika about the alleged extradition proceedings against her in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown