Geetika case: E-data shows Kanda`s culpability, police tells court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday told a court here that hard disks and other electronic data recovered from the office of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, an accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case, show he was pressurising her to return to India from Dubai and drove her to suicide.
In its arguments on framing of charges against Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha, the prosecution submitted before District Judge S K Sarvaria that the hard disks and e-mails recovered in the probe show that the duo abetted her suicide.
The Prosecution pointed out Kanda`s intention in giving Geetika a lucrative post without any qualification and then forcing her to come back to MDLR when she joined Emirates Airlines.
In its main and supplementary charge sheets also Delhi Police has said Kanda was obsessed with Geetika and wanted to bring her back in his company to sexually exploit her.
Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan submitted that when Geetika, earlier an employee of Kanda`s MDLR airlines, joined Emirates Airlines, Kanda sent them a complaint from MDLR Airlines purportedly lodged with Gurgaon Police against alleged fraud committed by Geetika by creating fake experience certificates and also taking away MDLR`s documents and laptop.
He also submitted that Kanda roped in another accused, Chanshivroop, who created a fake e-mail ID and sent forged e-mail to Geetika about the alleged extradition proceedings against her in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'