Geetika case: E-data shows Kanda`s culpability, police tells court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday told a court here that hard disks and other electronic data recovered from the office of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, an accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case, show he was pressurising her to return to India from Dubai and drove her to suicide.
In its arguments on framing of charges against Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha, the prosecution submitted before District Judge S K Sarvaria that the hard disks and e-mails recovered in the probe show that the duo abetted her suicide.
The Prosecution pointed out Kanda`s intention in giving Geetika a lucrative post without any qualification and then forcing her to come back to MDLR when she joined Emirates Airlines.
In its main and supplementary charge sheets also Delhi Police has said Kanda was obsessed with Geetika and wanted to bring her back in his company to sexually exploit her.
Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan submitted that when Geetika, earlier an employee of Kanda`s MDLR airlines, joined Emirates Airlines, Kanda sent them a complaint from MDLR Airlines purportedly lodged with Gurgaon Police against alleged fraud committed by Geetika by creating fake experience certificates and also taking away MDLR`s documents and laptop.
He also submitted that Kanda roped in another accused, Chanshivroop, who created a fake e-mail ID and sent forged e-mail to Geetika about the alleged extradition proceedings against her in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM