Geetika suicide: Court gives police time till Sep 21 to find source of leak
New Delhi: A week after being pulled up over leak of Geetika Sharma`s postmortem report in the media, the Delhi Police on Tuesday told court here they were still inquiring into the source and was granted time till September 21 to file a detailed report in the matter.
In a status report filed before Additional Metropolitan Magistrate Devender Jangala, police said the postmortem report was "leaked in most clandestine manner and a large number of persons needed to be examined to fine out the source of leakage."
The police also sought one month`s time from the court to complete the enquiry and to file a comprehensive report in the matter.
"In the present facts and circumstances the matter is adjourned for filing the report by Joint Commissioner of Police (Northern Range) on September 21," the court said.
The status report was filed by DCP (northwest) in compliance of the court’s August 21 order by which the Joint Commissioner of Police (Northern Range) was directed to conduct an enquiry regarding the leak of post-mortem report to the media and file his report within seven days.
The National Commission for Women had termed the leak of report as "unfortunate" and questioned how the media got access to it.
"The most unfortunate thing in this case is the postmortem report, which we had asked for and was not given to us by the police," NCW chief Mamata Sharma had said.
"It has come to the notice of this court that the findings of postmortem report of deceased Geetika Sharma, which were very personal in nature has been published by the media despite stated to be in a sealed cover by the Investigating Officer.
"Such type of publication interfere in the administration of justice. Therefore, I direct the Joint Commissioner of the Police (Northern Range) to ensure that in future any such type of report does not leak to anyone," the court had said in its August 21 order.
Former air-hostess Geetika Sharma was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In her suicide note, Geetika had alleged that former Haryana Home Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and one of the MDLR employees Aruna Chaddha were harassing her to rejoin the former minister`s firm after she left the job.
Both Kanda and Chadha are currently in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'