Jaipur: Making a fresh appeal to Gujjars
to call off their agitation, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot Tuesday said the community should understand the
government`s limitations over the reservation issue as the
matter is sub-judice.
"What is in our hands will be done for sure, but since
the matter is sub-judice, there are some limitations too and
they (Gujjars) must understand it," Gehlot told reporters.
The stand-off between Gujjars and the Rajasthan
government entered the ninth day today causing hardship to
people and huge loss to industries, railways and roadways.
"The situation remains the same and a core committee`s
meeting is underway here at Pilukapura to discuss further
course of action," Dr Roop Singh, an aide of Gujjar leader
Kirori Singh Bainsla, said.
Gehlot alleged that the conspiracy to revive the
reservation issue in Rajasthan was made during the marriage of
BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s son in Nagpur recently.
"We have information that few of the people who
attended the marriage of Nitin Gadkari`s son had made the plan
for the agitation," Gehlot alleged.
He said that the recruitment drive in the state will
continue and would not be put on hold under any pressure.
"Recruitment will not be stopped. We are going to
recruit around 8,000 police constables and teachers for which
lakhs of candidates have applied," he said.
Gujjars have blocked the National Highway 11 in Dausa,
and several other interior routes in Karauli, Sawaimadhopur,
Bharatpur, Dholpur, Alwar districts.
They have also squatted on railway tracks in
Bharatpur, Dausa, Tonk and Sawaimadhopur.
The NWR railways has so far refunded over Rs 1.5 crore
following cancellation of around 45,000 tickets in the wake of
the Gujjar agitation.
However, there is no report of any violence from
anywhere in the state.