Gehlot asks GenX NRIs to stay connected with roots
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
on Monday appealed to the Indian diaspora attending the 10th
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) here to return with the pledge
that they will keep sending the next generation of NRIs to the
country to help them stay connected with their roots.
Addressing the plenary session today, he said the new
generation of NRIs should visit India or they should be sent
by their elders, so that their association with their own
tradition, culture and rituals remains alive.
Claiming better law and order situation and political
stability in Rajasthan than before, Gehlot said the state
should lure visitors and investors alike with its rich fund of
minerals and a number of tourist destinations.
"Peace, harmony, political stability, hospitality,
minerals, tourist places, culture, handicraft have given the
state a special place," he said.
"Rajasthan today is leading in power generation and
rising as a solar power hub. Due to our solar power policy, a
numbers of people are coming to state to invest," he added.
Gehlot said the Government of India`s important dedicated
freight corridor`s 39 percent portion will be passing through
Rajasthan which will increase the possibilities of investment.
He said for higher level infrastructural development, the
state is contemplating a move to introduce Rajasthan
Infrastructure Development Act and a transparency act to bring
transparency in tendering process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars