Gehlot closes issue over Tharoor`s cattle class remarks
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot today sought to close the issue of his demand for the
resignation of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over his "cattle
class" remarks after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh dismissed
it as a joke.
I said what I felt. I have no prejudice against
anyone..... No comment is called for after the Prime
Minister`s comment," Gehlot told reporters after a meeting
with Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Gehlot`s meeting with Gandhi came a day after the AICC
virtually approved his demand and did not rule out action
against the Minister following the controversy surrounding the
"cattle class" remarks.
Gehlot has been insisting that it was unfortunate and
unbecoming on Tharoor`s part to make such "irresponsible"
comments and he should tender his resignation.
He said Gandhi has accepted his invitation to address a
rally at Nagaur in Rajasthan on Gandhi Jayanti to mark the
golden jubilee of the advent of panchayati raj by Pandit
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?