Gen Singh`s photograph in poll poster: Army may move EC
New Delhi: The Army may take up the issue of a photograph of Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh used on a BJP poll poster in Madhya Pradesh with the Election Commission.
The photograph showed Gen Singh saluting martyrs in Jammu.
The Army is thinking of taking up the issue with the Election Commission through proper channel, Army sources said here.
They, however, said a final decision in this regard would be taken at a higher level in the Army Headquarters as it involves two major national political parties.
The Congress had yesterday sought derecognition of BJP in the wake of "provocative" advertisement issued by it in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh, where the national flag and the photo of the Army Chief were "misused".
Party spokesman Meem Afzal had said the AICC has approached the Election Commission over the advertisement which sends a "negative" image of the Congress.
The complaint was against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and state BJP chief Narendra Singh Tomar. He alleged that the BJP was seeking to drag the Army chief in politics by using his photo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning
- Jain temple in Ujjain restrains entry of girls wearing jeans, skirts
- Scorpene leak: DCNS moves Ausie court for injunction against 'The Australian'
- Mexico discovers hidden tunnel to US