Gen Singh`s photograph in poll poster: Army may move EC
New Delhi: The Army may take up the issue of a photograph of Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh used on a BJP poll poster in Madhya Pradesh with the Election Commission.
The photograph showed Gen Singh saluting martyrs in Jammu.
The Army is thinking of taking up the issue with the Election Commission through proper channel, Army sources said here.
They, however, said a final decision in this regard would be taken at a higher level in the Army Headquarters as it involves two major national political parties.
The Congress had yesterday sought derecognition of BJP in the wake of "provocative" advertisement issued by it in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh, where the national flag and the photo of the Army Chief were "misused".
Party spokesman Meem Afzal had said the AICC has approached the Election Commission over the advertisement which sends a "negative" image of the Congress.
The complaint was against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and state BJP chief Narendra Singh Tomar. He alleged that the BJP was seeking to drag the Army chief in politics by using his photo.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on