Gen VK Singh Hazare`s new Kejriwal?
Mumbai: A joint media briefing by Anna Hazare and former Army chief Gen VK Singh here on Monday indicated the latter has replaced Arvind Kejriwal in the social activist`s scheme of things.
On more than one occasion, Singh replied to queries directed at Hazare, expounding on the new startegy of the anti-graft movement.
He was seen fielding "tricky" questions addressed to Hazare, coming out with his own explanation while doing so.
Hazare had also served in the Army and his admiration for the General was evident as he announced their plan of a nationwide tour.
"We are not just two people. Lakhs and crores will come onto the streets to support the movement," Hazare said.
On his part, Gen Singh slammed the current system for "completely ignoring" the principle of a welfare state enshrined in the Constitution and surrendering to market forces.
"The existing governmental system has completely disregarded the soul and spirit of the Constitution. Part 4 of the Constitution, the Directive Principle of State Policy, has been blatantly ignored. Not just the government but also the Opposition is silent over this issue.
"The question that comes up is as to who has given the right to ignore the core philosophy of Constitution? Government’s policies are supposed to be for the well-being of poor masses but these are somehow being made to help the private companies to make profit. No one is questioning these policies in Parliament," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof