George Fernandes being treated by Swami Ramdev
Haridwar: In the midst of a battle over him,
former Defence Minister George Fernandes, who is suffering
from Alzheimer`s and Parkinson`s diseases, has been brought
here for treatment at Yoga Guru Ramdev`s ashram.
The 79-year-old JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha, "is under
ayurvedic medication at the Patanjali Yogpeeth for past four
days," according to the ashram`s General Secretary Acharya
"We are giving him ayurvedic and yogic treatment," he
Fernandes, who is suffering from central nervous system
problems, will stay in the Ashram for some more days, he said.
The former NDA convenor was brought here from Delhi by his
estranged wife Leila Kabir and some close associates of the
veteran socialist leader.
Fernandes has been in the midst of a battle between his
brothers and companion Jaya Jaitley on one side, and Kabir and
their son Sean, on the other over his assets.
Jaitley and others have not been allowed to visit
Fernandes, who was being treated in a Delhi hospital since
December 7. Sean, who has come to India from the US a few
weeks back, had sought police protection fearing "foul play"
and "physical harm" from people whom he believed wanted to
take away whatever little of his father`s assets were left,
according to his police complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him