German Bakery blast: Baig remanded to 7day custody
Pune: German Bakery blast mastermind Himayat
Baig was today sent to seven-day judicial custody by the
designated ATS court following expiry of his police remand.
Public prosecutor A V Ausekar, who argued for a 7-day
magisterial remand till October 4, told the court that police
would be conducting the process of identification of Baig by
the witnesses in the case during this period.
ATS investigating officer Vinod Satav brought Baig to the
courtroom with the accused`s face covered on expiry of his
20-day police custody.
The prosecution told judge Swarup Bose, that police were
also trying to get details of the mobile calls made by Baig
and to know how he managed to procure fake documents to
operate bogus bank accounts to finance terror activities.
"An analysis of the hard disk recovered from the cyber
cafe owned by the accused in Udgir is also awaited," the
Meanwhile, Pune Bar Association (PBA) members led by its
president Milind Pawar today resorted to `Gandhigiri`,
offering a rose to advocate A Rehman who has taken up Baig`s
case despite the PBA`s appeal not to represent the accused in
view of anti-national nature of the crime.
Rehman, a senior member of the Bar, maintained that while
he respected the appeal, the accused had the right to defend
himself under the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy