German Bakery blast: Baig remanded to 7day custody
Pune: German Bakery blast mastermind Himayat
Baig was today sent to seven-day judicial custody by the
designated ATS court following expiry of his police remand.
Public prosecutor A V Ausekar, who argued for a 7-day
magisterial remand till October 4, told the court that police
would be conducting the process of identification of Baig by
the witnesses in the case during this period.
ATS investigating officer Vinod Satav brought Baig to the
courtroom with the accused`s face covered on expiry of his
20-day police custody.
The prosecution told judge Swarup Bose, that police were
also trying to get details of the mobile calls made by Baig
and to know how he managed to procure fake documents to
operate bogus bank accounts to finance terror activities.
"An analysis of the hard disk recovered from the cyber
cafe owned by the accused in Udgir is also awaited," the
Meanwhile, Pune Bar Association (PBA) members led by its
president Milind Pawar today resorted to `Gandhigiri`,
offering a rose to advocate A Rehman who has taken up Baig`s
case despite the PBA`s appeal not to represent the accused in
view of anti-national nature of the crime.
Rehman, a senior member of the Bar, maintained that while
he respected the appeal, the accused had the right to defend
himself under the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!