German bakery blast culprits identified: R R Patil
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil
today said police had identified the culprits of February 13
terror attack on the German Bakery here.
"Police have identified those involved in the blast. They
also have proofs and know the whereabouts of these persons who
are at large in various parts of the country", he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Patil, who did not elaborate further on the police
investigations, said the state ATS in coordination with
Central agencies were tracking the blast accused, and
expressed confidence that they would be "caught soon ".
Taking cognisance of reports alleging favouritism on part
of some Pune police officers in issuing licenses of private
security agencies to their kin, Patil said necessary action
would be taken if anybody was found guilty of "misusing his
Pune Police Commissioner Meera Borwankar has been asked
to submit a report in the matter, Patil added.
An official website of Pune police had recently displayed
a list of 180 private security agencies, licensed by them to
run the business. The list contained names of relations of
some serving and retired police officers in Pune.
A Pune police spokesman, responding to media reports that
alleged favouritism in issuing the licenses, had stated that
all "legal requirements" were complied with in the matter and
there was no violation of law or official procedure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof