German bakery blast culprits identified: R R Patil
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil
today said police had identified the culprits of February 13
terror attack on the German Bakery here.
"Police have identified those involved in the blast. They
also have proofs and know the whereabouts of these persons who
are at large in various parts of the country", he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Patil, who did not elaborate further on the police
investigations, said the state ATS in coordination with
Central agencies were tracking the blast accused, and
expressed confidence that they would be "caught soon ".
Taking cognisance of reports alleging favouritism on part
of some Pune police officers in issuing licenses of private
security agencies to their kin, Patil said necessary action
would be taken if anybody was found guilty of "misusing his
Pune Police Commissioner Meera Borwankar has been asked
to submit a report in the matter, Patil added.
An official website of Pune police had recently displayed
a list of 180 private security agencies, licensed by them to
run the business. The list contained names of relations of
some serving and retired police officers in Pune.
A Pune police spokesman, responding to media reports that
alleged favouritism in issuing the licenses, had stated that
all "legal requirements" were complied with in the matter and
there was no violation of law or official procedure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie