German order of merit for MoC chief Sr Prema
Kolkata, Oct 20: Missionaries of Charity (MoC) Superior General Sister Mary Prema has been nominated for Order of Merit of the German state of North Rhine Westphalia.
The award will be handed over to Sister Prema by Germany`s Deputy Consul General in Kolkata Klaus Tesch at a function here tomorrow, a consulate release said.
The award is being given to Sister Prema "for her courage and dedication to work relentlessly for the poor and downtrodden as well as her work to eradicate poverty", the release said.
Sister Prema, who is of German origin, took over the reigns of the Missionaries of Charity from Sister Nirmala who had succeeded Mother Teresa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing