Germany calls 26/11 strike despicable
New Delhi: On the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, Germany Monday joined India in mourning the victims of the "despicable" strike and said the country stands united in the international efforts to combat terrorism.
"Germany stands in solidarity with the Indian people in remembering and mourning those who were victims of the despicable terrorist attacks in Mumbai," German Ambassador Michael Steiner said.
"Even four years after 26/11, the extreme brutality of the attacks fills us with horror and profound sadness. We stand united in our international efforts to combat terrorism," he said in a statement.
166 people had lost their lives in the terror attack on Mumbai on November 26, 2008. Among the victims were three German nationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman