Germany condemns Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: Germany on Friday condemned the Hyderabad twin blasts, terming the terrorist strikes as "abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
German Ambassador Michael Steiner said the attack "reminds us how easily the peace in our lives, that we all too often take for granted, can be disrupted by abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
He was speaking at a reception hosted for a Bavarian business delegation at his residence here.
After the brief reference to the incident, which has claimed lives of 16 people and injured 117, the gathering observed a minute`s silence as a mark of respect to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees