Germany condemns Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: Germany on Friday condemned the Hyderabad twin blasts, terming the terrorist strikes as "abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
German Ambassador Michael Steiner said the attack "reminds us how easily the peace in our lives, that we all too often take for granted, can be disrupted by abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
He was speaking at a reception hosted for a Bavarian business delegation at his residence here.
After the brief reference to the incident, which has claimed lives of 16 people and injured 117, the gathering observed a minute`s silence as a mark of respect to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?