Germany condemns Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: Germany on Friday condemned the Hyderabad twin blasts, terming the terrorist strikes as "abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
German Ambassador Michael Steiner said the attack "reminds us how easily the peace in our lives, that we all too often take for granted, can be disrupted by abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
He was speaking at a reception hosted for a Bavarian business delegation at his residence here.
After the brief reference to the incident, which has claimed lives of 16 people and injured 117, the gathering observed a minute`s silence as a mark of respect to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons