Germany condemns Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: Germany on Friday condemned the Hyderabad twin blasts, terming the terrorist strikes as "abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
German Ambassador Michael Steiner said the attack "reminds us how easily the peace in our lives, that we all too often take for granted, can be disrupted by abhorrent acts of hate and intolerance."
He was speaking at a reception hosted for a Bavarian business delegation at his residence here.
After the brief reference to the incident, which has claimed lives of 16 people and injured 117, the gathering observed a minute`s silence as a mark of respect to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter