Germany to make visa system hassle-free: Envoy
Srinagar: Getting a visa to Germany is likely to be easier for Indians by next year, especially in places where it does not have a mission.
"The good news is that we will change the (visa) system. We will outsource huge parts of the system to get visa. This will start in half a year," German Ambassador to India Michael Steiner said here during an interactive session with students of Kashmir University.
Steiner admitted that the present system of obtaining a German visa was cumbersome for people living in areas where there is no embassy or consulate of the country.
He said the new system will allow the German embassy to reach out to places where it has no presence as of now.
"We will then be present in places where we don`t have a general consulate or embassy including Srinagar. So that should be much easier," he said.
He said changes in the visa regime will need some time to be effected.
"Give us some time because it is a very complicated process. We cannot totally renounce on visa (regime) because, otherwise, the social system in Germany will not (be able to) carry it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31